Jay Garner- Windermere, Florida
Lieutenant General Jay Garner (Retired) served in the United States Army from 1962- 1997. Retiring as the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff, United States Army. A graduate of Florida State University, Mr. Garner has been listed as one of the Top 100 Distinguished Graduates of the Past 100 Years of Florida State University. Additionally, Mr. Garner has been named as one of the Outstanding Persons of DeSoto County, Florida during the 20th Century and awarded the key to the City of Windermere, Florida. He currently serves as a member in multiple veteran organizations including: Member, Association of U.S. Army, 40+ years, Member, Patriot Circle, VFW, Founding Sponsor, Army Historical Foundation, and serves as Honorary Co-Chairman, Central Florida Veterans Memorial.
He has also served on many boards and commissions including:
• 1998-99 -Army Science Board, Washington, D.C.
• 2000-01-Congressional Commission to Assess National Security Space Management and Organization
• 2000-04 - Manufacturing and Materiel Board, Penn State University
• 2002-03 - USSTRATCOM Strategic Advisory Board, Colorado Springs, Colorado
• 2004-07 -Orlando Health Advisory Board, Orlando, Florida
• 2004-12-Forbes Manhattan Advisory Board, Toronto, Canada
• 2004-10 -Digital Fusion Corporation Advisory Board, Huntsville, Alabama
• 2007-18-Sigma Tech Corporation Advisory Board, Huntsville, Alabama
• 2007-Present -Matthew's Hope Ministries, Inc., Board of Directors, Winter Garden, Florida
• 2008-18-Saab Corporation (Sweden) Advisory Board, Washington, D.C.
• 2012-17-Elbit Systems of America (Israel) Advisory Board, Ft. Worth, Texas