Meet The Class of 2020
The Class of 2020 individual webpages will go live during the induction ceremony on Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11, 2020.
The Florida Veterans Hall of Fame Class of 2020 has been officially selected. 39 nominations have been reviewed and graded and the top 20 nominees have been selected for the Hall of Fame by Governor Ron DeSantis and the Hall of Fame counsel.
The induction ceremony is not scheduled yet, but should take place in November around Veterans Day. Usually the ceremony is held in the Florida State Cabinet Room in the Florida State Capital Building but this year the ceremony may be virtual for obvious reasons. You will be informed when final plans are made.
Meet the 20 selectees of the Florida Veterans' Hall of Fame Class of 2020:
- Gary Clark- Lakeland, Florida
- George Duren- Port St. Joe, Florida
- Michael Ferguson (Posthumous)- Born in Pensacola, Florida
- Jay Garner- Windermere, Florida
- Martin Gayeski- Pembroke Pines, Florida
- Frank Hahnel, Jr. –DeBary, Florida
- George Hardy- Sarasota, Florida
- Ronald Joe-Tallahassee, Florida
- Daila Espeut-Jones- Orlando, Florida
- Darryle Kouns-Vero Beach, Florida
- Cliff Leonard- Jacksonville, Florida
- Mike Mason- The Villages, Florida
- Michelle Poitier- Jacksonville, Florida
- Deloris Quaranta- Jacksonville, Florida
- Dean Resch-Panama City Beach, Florida
- Claude Shipley- Tallahassee, Florida
- Donald Slesnick II- Coral Gables, Florida
- Morris Steen, Jr.- Greenville, Florida
- Norman Thagard- Tallahassee, Florida
- Alton Yates- Jacksonville, Florida
Congratulations to all!